- Anatomy of change in an oil-monarchy. Reform, counter-revolution and social transformation in Saudi Arabia (1991-2017)”, paper presented at Oxford 2016
- “Mixed Migration. The Multilateral Politics of Labelling Population Movement” paper presented at APSA Annual Meeting 2019
- “An Anatomy of Agency. Eritrean Refugees in Eastern Sudan, 1962-2013”, paper presented at King's college, 7 Feb. 2014.
- “Brokering migrants’ agency or alienating aliens? Revisiting the sponsorship system (Kafala) in the light of migration and labour market policy reforms in the Gulf” paper presented at MESA Annual Meeting 2012
- Resilient Residents: Migrants’ settlement and anti-immigrant policies in the Gulf monarchies” paper presented at MESA 2013, Sciences Po 2015, à Paris 7 2016 and univ. of Exeter 2018.